How to Convert WMV to MOV on Mac OS X

+ 3
  bjepson's Photo
Posted Apr 02 2010 09:55 AM

One of my colleagues asked me for some help converting a video. He had a WMV file of a recent Ignite Boston, but every time he imported it into iMovie, it got a watermark from the free version of Flip4Mac that's available from Microsoft. I know it's only $29.99 to get a version of Flip4Mac that will not put the watermark on it, but I knew there had to be another way.

If you Google for "convert wmv to mov", you find a lot of products, some free, some paid, that will do the job. I dug past the first page of results, and found that ffmpeg will do the trick at the Terminal window, without having to fuss around with command line switches.

I have MacPorts installed on my Mac, so all I needed to do was open a Terminal window and type the following (I had to provide my password when prompted):

sudo port install ffmpeg

That installed ffmpeg and all its prerequisites, then I was able to convert the file with a simple command:

ffmpeg -i ignite7.wmv ignite7.mov

Five minutes later, it had converted the 276M .wmv file (Windows Media Video 8/Audio 9) to a 252M .mov (MPEG-4 Video and AAC audio).

Tags:
0 Subscribe

1 Reply

+ 1
  xw51770063's Photo
Posted Jan 08 2013 01:45 AM

Bros MOV Converter, competent, comprehensive and capable mov video conversion program to aid users to convert QuickTime mov video files to other video formats, MOV to AVI, MOV to 3GP, MOV to MP4, VOB, FLV and so on.

How to convert WMV to MOV format which can be played on iPhone 4s, iPad 2 and iPod? Bros WMV to MOV Converter is a good choice which can convert WMV to MOV file format with simple steps and high speed.

Furthermore, powerful editing functions of WMV to MOV Converter must amaze you. With it, users can crop video size, trim file length, adjust video brightness, contrast and saturation, and also insert image or text watermark.

You can try this function is very powerful Bros WMV to MOV Converter software, there are those functions that you say, you can learn from it and see that you have no help.

Browser from Google search elements Keywords: Bros WMV to MOV Converter you can find this powerful software.

Christmas more software discount promotions, affordable lot!Merry Christmas!

Browser from Google search elements Keywords:

Emicsoft-Christmas Discount

OXPDF-Christmas Discount

Brosvideo-Chrismas Discount

You will find a lot of software discount information!