how to transfer epub books on mac to ipad

dxladner's Photo
Posted Apr 08 2010 06:10 AM

OK just bought my iPad. I have about 5 books from oReilly and about 5 books from Sitepoint in epub format which I have on my Mac and my iPhone. Does anyone know how to get the epub books into the iBook library on the iPad. Or will I have to use a different iPad app library such as the Kindle. I use the Stanza library on my iPhone to tranfer all of my epub books for viewing on my iPhone. Anyone have any idea?

Tags:
0 Subscribe

10 Replies

+ 2
  msilver's Photo
Posted Apr 08 2010 06:46 AM

If the books exist on your computer and not just on your iPhone, it's just as easy as adding songs to your iTunes library and then to your iPad.

If you only have them on your iPhone, I know that if you log into your O'Reilly Media account you can download them all again in epub format. I don't know about Sitepoint, however.

Open iTunes, go to the File menu, and select "Add to Library."

Navigate in the dialog box to the location on your drive where you have found your eBooks.

Select them, and press "Choose."

iTunes will import them and they'll now live in the "Books" section of your Library.

Now, to add them to your iPad you've got a couple choices. I tend to manage my movies, books and videos manually, because I just like to do that. You can do this by checking the "Manually Manage Music and Videos" when you have the name of your iPad selected in the devices list.

Manually Managing your iPad's Inventory

Select the "Books" section of your library.

Select one or all of your books.

Drag and drop them onto the iPad's section of the Devices list. Wait for them to copy over. That's it!

Automatically Synching your iPad's inventory

Select your iPad's name from the list of devices in iTunes

Click on the "Books" tab a the top of the window

Check the box to "Sync Books" and choose to either sync all or selected books.

Sync your iPad. That's it!
 : Apr 08 2010 08:35 AM
Or you could try this...
http://answers.oreil...e-ibooks-store/

Of particular note is gavin.carothers' comment:
In addition to the Apple provided iBooks reader application there are other reading Apps for the iPad. One of my favorites is Ibis Reader which is a web based and HTML5 ebook reader. To start reading O'Reilly books on the iPad you can go to http://oreilly.com/e login, and select a book to read. Then simply tap on the "Read in ibis reader" link and you'll be sent to the Ibis Reader web app. You can read your book online on the normal browsing interface, or go to http://m.ibisreader.com to install the HTML5 Local Storage version so you can read your books offline.
  annice1's Photo
Posted Feb 02 2012 11:23 PM

Are you looking to transfer ePub books on Mac to iPad or iPad 2, then iPad 2 ePub transfer for Mac transfer is the best transfer software for you. Using this tool, you can easily transfer ePub books between iPad devices and Mac computer. Just download the software, connect your iPad/iPad 2 o your Mac computer and click on export button to transfer files.
  jamespdavid001's Photo
Posted Aug 23 2012 10:51 PM

Here is the appropriate steps by which you can transfer your ePub files from Mac system to iPad. First of all start the iTunes application. When iTunes is started then follow below written steps:

• Click on the Add to library from the file Menu
  • Now select the eBook file from your desktop and click the choose button
  • Click to select Books from the list of libraries on the left. Notice your book is now listed
  • Connect your iPad to the computer and select it from the list of devices on the left
  • Click to select the Books tab
  • Check the Sync Books checkbox if it isn't already enabled
  • Now click the Apply or Sync button at the bottom right of the window
  • Once the sync has completed you can open iBooks on your iPad to read your newly transferred title

If you perform these methods in proper way then you will not face any type of problem. To know more about it in detail visit:- ipad2epubtransferformac.com
  mmauro006's Photo
Posted Jan 01 2013 11:41 PM

To transfer epub books on Mac to iPad via iTunes:
1) Make sure you have install iTunes. If not, you can free download the latest iTunes at first. And launch the iTunes.
2) Connect iPad to Mac via USB.
3) Choose “File - > Add File to Library…”.
4) Drag the converted .mp4 file you want to the iPad icon.
  maikoadams's Photo
Posted Jan 05 2013 12:07 AM

It's easy to transfer epub books on mac to ipad. If you download iPhone to Mac Transfer tool then this tool help you to transfer epub books on mac to ipad, iPhone. This software is very helpful which work frequently transfer file from iPhone/iPod to mac/PC.
  jannie mart's Photo
Posted May 06 2013 11:52 PM

With iPad file transfer software you can easily transfer your photos from your computer to iPad2. It supports all the iOS devices and provides you graphical user-interface.

For more information:
http://www.ipadtrans...ransfer-mac.php
  johannapark's Photo
Posted May 13 2013 05:21 AM

You can use iPad file transfer programs like iPad to Mac transfer to transfer your eBooks from Mac to iPad without using iTunes or iPhoto. It is available for Windows as well.

Posted Image

Refer to the following steps to transfer Ebooks from Mac to iPad with iTunes:

1. Launch iTunes. Click on the Books entry under Library on the upper left. If you don’t see the Books entry under Library in iTunes, you’ve probably never synced a book with the iPad **, so use iBooks to download a free book.

2. Open a Finder window and navigate to the ebook you’ve downloaded or already have on hand. Drag the icon of the book from its current location onto the Books section of iTunes.

3. Your ebooks are now in iTunes, but need to be synced to your iPad. First select the iPad icon on the left side of iTunes, and then click on the Books tab at the top of your iPad page.

4. Click the Sync button on the bottom right. iTunes will transfer your books to your iPad and keep them synced. Launch iBooks on your iPad. If you’re using iBooks 1.2 or later, the books in ePub and PDF will be properly sorted to the two corresponding bookshelves.

Hope it helps!
  numlkjc's Photo
Posted Aug 21 2013 01:14 AM

To add ePub books to your iTunes library on your computer, simply drag and drop the books into your iTunes Book library.

1.Select your iPad in the Devices list on the left in iTunes 10.1 or later.
2.Click the Books tab in the resulting window.
3.Ensure that the Sync Books checkbox is enabled.
4.If iTunes is set to only sync selected books, be sure to enable the checkbox next to the ePub books you want to sync.
5.Click Sync.

On the opposite,if you want to do it backwards,
you can just Google How to transfer ePub books from iPad to Mac.
  Sandyago's Photo
Posted Sep 08 2013 10:49 PM

To transfer epub books from Mac to ipad ,you only need to add thes epub books to your itunes library and then sync them from your itunes library to your ipad.

To transfer epub books from ipad to Mac, you will need some extra help from 3-rd party software such as iPad/iPhone/iPod to Computer Transfer, which is an amazing three-in-one function program designed to help you back up all your files from your iPod, iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch in case you lost any of the contents.With this package, you can back up and restore all of your iPod, iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch content, including your favorite songs, videos, photos, play lists and more.

More details:
How to transfer and move ePub books from iPad to PC
How to transfer and export audio books from iPad to Mac