How to Delete Your Facebook Account

+ 5
  adfm's Photo
Posted May 11 2010 02:58 PM

Do you want to delete your account from Facebook, but can't quite find the right button? In this simple how-to you'll learn the easy-to-remember way of deleting your account. No obscure URLs or complicated forms here. Just follow these seven easy steps and you'll permanently delete your Facebook account.

WARNING: You'll delete your account if you follow these steps. If you'd rather take a break from Facebook and come back to it without having to re-enter all your personal information, you can always just deactivate your account from the "Deactivate Account" section on the Account page.

Step 1: Click "Account" in the upper right corner of the page.

Attached Image

Step 2: Select "Help Center" from the menu.

Attached Image

Step 3: Search for "delete my account" in the Help Center

Attached Image

Step 4: Click on the FAQ that says "I want to permanently delete my account..."

Attached Image

Step 5: Click on the last link in the FAQ that says "here".

Attached Image

Step 6: Click the "Submit" button

Attached Image

Step 7: Enter Password and Security Check

Attached Image

Your account should now be deleted.

Be aware that this may not remove all of your personal information from the site.

Tags:
0 Subscribe

4 Replies

: May 27 2010 11:20 AM
Thanks Adam! Very helpful. I just used this info to delete an account, and in the end it takes 14 days after taking these steps. Here's the final note in the process:

Your account has been deactivated from the site and will be permanently deleted within 14 days. If you log into your account within the next 14 days, your account will be reactivated and you will have the option to cancel your request.
  Rwoo1234's Photo
Posted Dec 07 2012 01:55 PM

Here's a quick step-by-step video that helped me delete my account recently: http://www.youtube.c...d&v=lMNP9M0wuMY
  Bright Choice's Photo
Posted Jul 08 2013 06:39 AM

first log in into your Facebook account.
then go to account setting, there you will see different options to delete your account like deactivate your account, delete your account permanently. if you want to delete your account permanently then go for "delete my account permanently", if you want to deactivate your account for few days then select " deactivate my account". by selecting "deactivate my account" your account will be deactivated till you try to log in again. and by selecting "delete my account permanently" your facebook account will be deleted permanently.
  Sunil Singh's Photo
Posted Jan 29 2014 11:47 PM

http://www.accountde...cebook-account/