tranfer books from kobo to ipad

dharris's Photo
Posted May 31 2010 01:57 PM

i am trying to transfer books i have bought from kobo to the e reader on my ipad. kobo app makes it hard to read the books so i want to transfer them to the ipad e reader. any ideas?

Tags:
0 Subscribe

1 Reply

msilver's Photo
Posted Jun 01 2010 10:23 AM

Playing around with the kobobooks.com site, it looks as though books are available in a variety of formats. However, depending on what books you've purchased, they may or may not be available to download.

For instance, the Jules Verne novel, "Around the World in 80 Days," is available when you go to the "Free eBooks" section of their site, and search for it. But I only seem to be able to download it there, I can't add it to my Kobo library.

However, when I search for it from the main page of their site, I can add it to my Kobo library, which I can then start reading on my iphone. However, I can't seem to download that book from my library. This may be a limitation on the way their free eBooks work.

I have not purchased any, but it looks like books that cost money are available in a variety of formats: Web, Mobile, or ePub.

If the books you have in your Kobo library when you log into their site have "ePub" as a method for distribution, you should be able to download them and then add them to your iTunes Library as you would any ePub book. A quick method for adding books to iTunes is outlined in this article by Andrew Savikas.