"If you have an application you want to test with hundreds or maybe thousands of users, it's pretty difficult to do, at least in the Apple model," Stark said. "You have a very limited number of people you can have beta test an app."
Stark touched on a number of related points during our chat, including:
- What PhoneGap is and what it allows a mobile developer to do.
- Why he loves the idea of Google's App Inventor, but finds the lack of source-code access problematic.
- Why broad adoption of WebKit makes mobile web browsers a smart development choice.
The full video is below:
- App Inventor and the culture wars
- Where do developers draw the line with Apple?