Jump to content
SharePoint Root Authority "local" certificate removed by mistake
Asked by Nick Taranov
Posted Aug 16 2010 08:57 AM
I deleted the certificate using the "Manage Trust" interface not knowing it's special purpose.
This seems to be the aftermath:
1. Visio and Excel web parts don't work properly generating following errors.
"The root of the certificate chain is not a trusted root authority" by SharePoint foundation.
"ID3242: The security token could not be authenticated or authorized. " by Visio graphics service.
2. Cmdlet (Get-SPCertificateAuthority).RootCertificate returns null.
3. Rerunning the configuration wizard and the installer in repair mode doesn't help.
4. Another farm has the "local" certificate intact. The certificate is issued to SharePoint Root Authority by SharePoint Root Authority and it differs from all the 3 certificates in SharePoint folder in Certificate mmc snap-in for local computer account. Does it exist anywhere in system except SP database?
1. Is my guess right and the symptoms are cause by the deletion of the certificate?
2. Is there any way to regenerate the root certificate or import another as such?