Read ebook on iPad via iBooks or Kindle app

SCDaukas's Photo
Posted May 14 2011 09:55 AM

I would like to be able to download my ebook to my iPad w/o having to sync with a computer. I'm happy to read the ebook using either the iBooks or Kindle app. How can I do this?

Tags:
3 Subscribe

10 Replies

Alejandro Ramirez's Photo
Posted May 14 2011 11:17 AM

I use the Good Reader app, you can download eBooks from URLs (i.e. when you purchase from O'Reilly). It also integrates with Safari and when you open a PDF on the browser it gives you the choice to open with either iBooks or the Good Reader app.
Alejandro Ramirez
Digital Photography Club
Administrator
  SCDaukas's Photo
Posted May 14 2011 12:18 PM

I'm looking for ePub (which is to say something flowable). And I'd rather not have to pay for a solution (even though it is only $5) when I already have a couple of free readers I can use...

Wouldn't it be nice if I could "point" the iBooks or Kindle app to O'Reilly and simply get the book as easily as if I was making a purchase from Amazon or Apple!
  sarahkim's Photo
Posted May 14 2011 07:14 PM

Hello,

You'll find instructions in this post but it does require syncing from iTunes:
How To Read O’Reilly eBooks on the iPad

If you use Stanza on your iPad I think you can get your O'Reilly purchases directly without syncing from iTunes. I've used this on my iPhone. Just get the Stanza app and then choose "O'Reilly Ebooks" from the list of Bookstores. Then choose "My oreilly.com Bookshelf" to download your past purchases directly into Stanza. You'll see screenshots here: http://radar.oreilly...-in-stanza.html

Hope that helps.
Sarah
  SCDaukas's Photo
Posted May 15 2011 02:44 AM

Thanks Sarah!

It almost worked... Turns out the book is PDF only. It downloaded, but didn't get added to my library... Still playing with it, but at least I know about Stanza!

Steve
  ruby2011's Photo
Posted Dec 18 2011 05:07 AM

iBooks is a great app for reading pdf and epub books on ipad, i have been using it for a while and pretty satisfied with it. You can download it through app store and it is free.

Recently, Adobe released its PDF reader app for ios devices and it is great for reading pdfs, even drm protected books.
  lywell's Photo
Posted Dec 30 2011 01:35 AM

+1 Good Reader.
Nice app and can download eBooks from URLs, works fine for me! Though the Kindle App are not bad and recently updated.
BTW, for more iPad tips could turn to this iPad spot, where gathers many nice resources and apps, such as "Top 10 Free iBooks for iPad/iPad 2"
+ 1
  Sakura2014's Photo
Posted Dec 27 2013 01:05 AM

1. You can read eBooks purchased from Apple store directly with the iBooks just by using your Apple account.

2. When you want to read Kindle eBooks on iPad, you can try 2 ways to achieve your goal. Kindle for iPad app or converting Kindle books to ePub with Epubor Ultimate and then read on iPad.
  Feiaowyea's Photo
Posted Dec 27 2013 07:41 PM

You can read this guide here about how to read ebook on iPad by using iPubsoft ePub Creator, see how to do here:
How to Read eBooks on iPad
Posted Image

Feiaowyea's Photo
Posted Dec 27 2013 07:42 PM

You can read this guide here about how to read ebook on iPad by using iPubsoft ePub Creator, see how to do here:
Posted Image

Feiaowyea's Photo
Posted Dec 27 2013 07:42 PM

Posted Image