To demonstrate how to compile an application to an Android installer, let’s walk through this process with the following steps:
- First, click on File→Export within Flash Builder’s main menu (see Figure 7-1).
- Next, select Flash Builder→Release Build (see Figure 7-2).
- Within the Export Release Build window, select the Project and Application that you would like to compile (see Figure 7-3).
- If you already have a certificate compiled, select that certificate, enter its password, and click the Finish button to compile the Android installer file (.apk). If you do not yet have a certificate, click the Create button (see Figure 7-4).
To create a new certificate, complete the Create Self-Signed Digital Certificate form and click on the OK button (see Figure 7-5).
- To compile the Android installer file (.apk), click on the Finish button (see Figure 7-6).
Congratulations: you have just compiled your first Android application. To publish your new application to the Android Market, just visit https://market.android.com/publish.
Learn more about this topic from Developing Android Applications with Flex 4.5.
Ready to put your ActionScript 3 skills to work on mobile apps? This hands-on book walks you through the process of creating an Adobe AIR application from start to finish, using the Flex 4.5 framework. Move quickly from a basic Hello World application to complex interactions with Android APIs, and get complete code examples for working with Android device components—GPS, camera, gallery, accelerometer, multitouch display, and OS interactions. No matter how much Flex experience you have, this book is the ideal resource.