What's the difference between architecture and framework?

Alejandro Ramirez's Photo
Posted Oct 11 2011 06:31 PM

We got into this (almost philosophical) discussion at work today about this. What do you consider the difference?

:rolleyes:
Alejandro Ramirez
Digital Photography Club
Administrator

Tags:
2 Subscribe

4 Replies

+ 3
  Michele Milesi's Photo
Posted Oct 12 2011 10:41 PM

An architecture layout how a system is composed:
- which components are involved;
- the role of each components;
- how the components communicate each others.

You may build an architecture putting together some well known and completed components (eg software pattern).

A framework is the starting point to build a system. It may provide facilities, or common reusable components, but it can't stand alone. You have to coding something around it in order to use it.

An architecture is complete and well defined system, while a framework is an incompleted system.

An architecture is the finish line while a framework is the starting point.
+ 1
  macnlos's Photo
Posted Oct 13 2011 09:53 AM

I agree with what Michele is saying here. I've had this conversation before and I always shift it to the auto industry and how VW's Tiguan(minivan) is built. There is an architecture for what the want the minivan to be. It has all the desired components needed to meet the requirements. The Tiguan is also built on the framework of the Chrysler Town&Country minivan. VW has taken that frame work and model a finished product based on it.
=========================
Sent to you from my
iPad, iPhone, BlackBerry,
Laptop, Desktop, or
Kitchen Toaster
  jack101's Photo
Posted Mar 18 2014 11:55 PM

A framework is the starting point to build a system. It may provide facilities, or common reusable components, but it can't stand alone. You have to coding something around it in order to use it. High PR backlinks
  live paker's Photo
Posted Yesterday, 05:14 AM

Well Reading this post reminds me of my previous room mate! He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this page to him. castor oil for hair growth benefits