ebooks

fbpdeveloper's Photo
Posted Oct 24 2011 10:50 AM

Hi all,

Do we know why all of oReilly's books are not (offered as ebooks)? For example, I am looking for 'Head First Java' -- it is a o'R book. I have limited vision and can only read ebooks.

Tags:
0 Subscribe

2 Replies

: Nov 02 2011 06:16 AM
Hi fbpdeveloper,

Maybe I don't completely understand your question, but most O'Reilly books are offered as ebooks, you just have to buy the book directly from O'Reilly. If you have a Kindle, that means you'll have to transfer the book to the Kindle manually or email it through the kindle document service.

It is true that many titles (like "Head First Java") are not offered as eBooks through Amazon, and I imagine that's because O'Reilly wants to sell the eBooks directly. All in all it's not a bad thing, becase the eBooks from O'Reilly are DRM free and often come in quite a few different formats.

Head First Java, unfortunately, is only offered in PDF for the "eBook" through O'Reilly. Why that is, I have no idea.

Link to Head First Java:
http://shop.oreilly....780596009205.do

Certainly annoying as you can only zoom pdfs, and, as you say, can't resize the text.

It would be good to have an answer from O'Reilly on this.
  darrensmith1's Photo
Posted Apr 20 2013 03:04 AM

Are you know O'reilly books are very famous and mostly used in all of the professional information technology/computer science based study.The books which are too famous how can that will be free of cost or in term of free ebooks.Some of books are free.