Jump to content
eBook software on Mac, Android and PC which Syncs reading position, notes etc.
Asked by UjjavalSuthar
Posted Jan 12 2012 04:54 PM
Is there any eBook reader application which is available for Mac, Android and PC and it syncs my Oreilly books across all devices and my reading positions and comments too?
Answered by AdaWang
Posted Nov 22 2012 12:49 AM
I myself have tried to figure out the answer to this problem, but it seems there is not a perfect solution applicable for 3 platforms (Windows, Mac/iOS, Android) by far.
If you are always connecting to the internet, the online reader, ibis reader can help sync the latest reading position without annotation supported. This seems to be the best solution as people are able to sync among various platforms.
If you are android users, Mantano plus Dropbox (or Aldiko plus Dropbox) will help sync the reading position as well as your bookmarks & annotations.
Another, for iOS users, apple's built-in iBooks helps to sync the furthest page as well as bookmarks and annotations for both purchased eBooks and sideloaded eBooks automatically. It' excellent but restricted to iOS devices.
For more details (guide), you can refer to this post.
One friend told me to try "BlueStacks" to get around. I failed, however, as this "large" application needs to be installed on computer and devices. It's a bit large and my android device (HTC mibile) cannot hold it.
Have a go if memory is never a problem for you.
Answered by dalin313
Posted Nov 25 2012 10:29 PM
As an ebook worm, we maby need to convert some ebook formats for reading on our ipad or some other portable devices. In this case, we have to use the third program called ebook converter.
ePub Converter for Mac is a powerful yet simple EPUB Creator for Mac for you to create EPUB eBooks on Mac OS X. ePub Builder for Mac gives you the ability to create EPUB eBooks from most popular formats (.pdf, .mobi, .html, .htm, .xhtml, .txt, etc.). Contents in the output EPUB eBooks are reflowable, and the text display can be optimized for the particular display device. You can check the output EPUB eBooks on your Mac with Adobe Digital Editions after creating EPUB eBooks on Mac, and then publish, share it, or read it on your favorite e-Readers.
ePub Creator for Mac Key Features
Create EPUB eBooks on Mac
• Create EPUB eBooks from PDF (.pdf), Html (.html/.htm/.xhtml),Text(.txt), MOBI(.mobi).
• Preserve original text, images, graphics, hyperlinks, layouts in the imported files.
Output eBooks Flexibly
• Best ePub Creator for Mac allows you to set a local folder as output destination.
• Mac ePub Creator supports merging and outputting several files into one ePub book.
• Support converting unlimited files into EPUB eBooks at one time.
• Convert a 500-page document to EPUB eBook within 1 minute with ePub Builder for mac.
Support Easy Operations
• ePub Creator for Mac converts PDF and other format files to EPUB eBooks directly within just 3 simple steps.
• Support drag-and-drop operation and super fast conversion speed for the whole ePub creation.
Read more from here:
How to convert ebooks to epub fomat on mac