How to recover a lost iPhone app

+ 3
  jwikert3's Photo
Posted Sep 30 2009 02:29 PM

Especially when you've paid good money for your iPhone apps, you might worry about what would happen if your phone gets lost or stolen, or if someone (maybe you) accidentally deleted one of your precious downloads.

You don't actually have to worry, for two reasons.

First, the next time you sync your iPhone with iTunes, iTunes asks if you want the newly purchased apps backed up onto your computer. If you click Transfer, then the programs eventually show up on the Applications tab in iTunes.

Second, here's a handy little fact about the App Store: It remembers your phone and what you've already bought. You can redownload a purchased program at any time without having to pay for it again.

Tip: If some program doesn't download properly on the iPhone, don't sweat it. Go into iTunes and choose Store-->Check for Purchases. And if a program does download to the phone but doesn't transfer to iTunes, choose File-->Transfer Purchases from "iPhone". These two commands straighten things out, clear up the accounting, and make all well with your two copies of each program (iPhone + computer).
[bookisbn]9780596804299[/bookisbn]

Tags:
0 Subscribe

7 Replies

kylesimpson235's Photo
Posted Mar 26 2013 01:52 AM

To recover any of your lost, deleted or formatted video, pictures, contacts, documents or other data on iPhone just use a very sophisticated and fantastic iPhone recovery software.
Find here more info: http://www.iphonevid...unessyncing.php
  Oapey.A's Photo
Posted May 15 2013 04:21 AM

Just make sure you enable iCloud backup on your iPhone by going to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup > Back Up Now.

All of your current iPhone apps along with their data will be backed up to iCloud. You can restore from an iCloud backup at any time which will recover all of your iPhone apps and data coming with them. More about what iCloud backups contain here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4859
  JamesGarner's Photo
Posted May 20 2013 04:35 AM

Tenorshare iPhone Data Recovery is a trustable and user-friendly iPhone data recovery software specially designed for iPhone users to recover deleted data by extracting iTunes backup and working well for iPhone 5, 4S, 4G, 3GS, and more. Both programs enable you to directly scan and recover data from iPhone 4/3GS now. Before recovery, you can preview all the data.

More details here: http://www.any-data-...a-recovery.html
  cosmoelvis's Photo
Posted Jul 16 2013 02:38 AM

I have used the iOS Data Recovery software to retrieve all my lost data including contacts and messages from my iPhone 5, you can also download it to have a try:
http://www.recovery-...a-recovery.html
  lewony's Photo
Posted Mar 27 2014 10:37 PM

Coolmuster Data Recovery for iPhone iPad iPod is a good tool to help you recover you iPhone lost Apps, it works well on your computer, you can free download one to have a try.

Posted Image
  nicolauslambert's Photo
Posted Apr 04 2014 12:34 AM

I used lost apps from my iPhone before. I tried everything i could think of but no luck. Right before I gave up, one of my friends recommended me a useful iPhone data recovery tool. It provides three ways to recovery data(apps includeed) from iPhone: Recovery from iOS Device, Recover from iTunes Backup File and Recover from iCloud Backup File. It helped me restore my apps in a very short time.
And here's a related article telling us How to Recover Lost Data from Your iPhone.(Same way to restore apps)
  Citity21's Photo
Posted Apr 06 2014 01:18 AM

When comes to the problem of losing data from your iPhone, there is no need to be worried. No matter those data were lost due to mistakenly deleted, update the iOS system, or restore your device, etc, as long as you get the help of iPhone Data Recovery, you can easily get your lost data back. It is even effective to recover iTunes backup files of iPad series. It extracts many kinds of files from your iPhone 5/4S iTunes backup easily. With the help of it, you can retrieve deleted or lost files from your iPhone 5/4S accordingly. You can recover data directly from iPhone 5s/5/4S, or in another way, you can recover iPhone data from iTunes backup as well.