How to backup iphone contacts without losing the old ones?

Wentworth2's Photo
Posted Apr 20 2012 07:20 PM

everythime I use itunes to sync my iphone contacts the old contacts will be deleted automaticly, anybody know how to advoid this problem?

Tags:
0 Subscribe

26 Replies

candicecao's Photo
Posted Apr 22 2012 09:49 PM

Of course itunes will delete the old data if you sync your iphone with itunes! You should put your iphone on itunes manual management, which lets you drag and drop what you want onto your iphone without syncing. do as the following: Connect your iphone to computer and launch itunes⟶ find iphone under the "Devices" category in the left panel⟶ check the "Summary" tab on the right⟶ click "Manually Manage" ⟶ "Apply". Well if you don’t wanna go through the troubles just get a iphone transfer
to do all the backup thing.
  AlexandraM's Photo
Posted Apr 24 2012 04:18 AM

Take into consideration candicecao and Ruikufly's instructions and just for reference you can use iPhone Backup Extractorsoftware to recover your old contacts from your locally created backup.
  corainheaven's Photo
Posted May 02 2012 10:19 PM

First of all try using iTunes, it is designed by Apple for creating backup. In case it fails then you can make use of iCloud for backing up all the crucial files. For more security of files and avoiding loss of backup you should make use of iPhone backup tool for creating iPhone backup sms, contacts, phonebook, videos, music, photos etc.
  donmi's Photo
Posted Jul 25 2012 11:09 PM

Maybe you can backup your contacts to your pc or other place first. Or you can use a third-party software to help you export the contacts directly, and then backup them to where you want to transfer. Like iphone/ipad to computer transfer. If it doesn’t work, you can search your question --How to transfer or backup iPhone contacts to PC or How to transfer or backup iPhone contents to Mac.
  donmi's Photo
Posted Jul 25 2012 11:12 PM

Maybe you can backup your contacts to your pc or other place first. Or you can use a third-party software to help you export the contacts directly, and then backup them to where you want to transfer. Like iphone/ipad to computer transfer. If it doesn’t work, you can search your question --How to transfer or backup iPhone contacts to PC or How to transfer or backup iPhone contents to Mac.
  kunmerpark's Photo
Posted Aug 12 2012 05:36 AM

Or you can just use icloud to backup your phone to just make sure on iphone in your iCloud settings you have backup on and contacts selected sign into icloud.com then whenever you need then on device there their or on a comp. If you need more help let me know im traveling so on and off with connection atm.
More Reviews:
How to transfer iPhone contacts from iPhone to PC
How to transfer contacts from iPhone 4S to iMac
  suflingreen's Photo
Posted Aug 15 2012 04:55 AM

Ya you are right that when you try to synch iPhone data using iTunes then it deleted old data present in iPhone memory. Few days back i was in same case of iPhone data loss condition. But when I used File Transfer iPhone tool to restore all text messages as well as other iPhone files then it restored all my data and i recovered all lost iPhone files. In order to know how to transfer iPhone Files you would have to use File Transfer iPhone Tool. It is reliable tool specially designed to copy iPhone files to PC or other iPhones and other devices. You can also Download this tool see user friendly interface of iPhone file transfer.
  jamespdavid001's Photo
Posted Aug 20 2012 10:53 PM

If you want to know how to backup iPhone without losing iPhone old contacts then take a look here. First of all, for your information I want tell one thing that it is a feature of iTunes application to delete previous stored contacts in-order to backup new one. But no need to worry, there are some steps by which you can get rid of this problem. Perform below written steps to backup iPhone contacts without losing previous ones.

1. Close all running programs
2. Connect your iphone to computer
3. Now launch the iTunes application
4. You have to go into the "Devices" category in the left panel of iTunes application
5. Just check the "Summary" tab on the right
6. click Manually Manage
7. At last you need to click on the Apply button

Drag the new contacts into iTunes without syncing this is the solution. If you want to know more about it then visit:- www.iphonebackuptool.com
  Michal101's Photo
Posted Aug 23 2012 10:53 PM

iphone is a very latest product of Apple. It is very much liked by smartphone users. This is featured with latest technology and latest way to use the iPhone. It is used to save so many important and reliable informations. But sometime, it can be lost or deleted due to any unexpected reasons. That time it is need to get back. To do so, have to do lots of stuff. It is better to create backup of those important data. Itune is default way to create backup but it is very slow method and sometime irritating. Except it u have to use any third party tool to create backup. There are lots of iphone backup tool is available in the market you can choose any of them to ensure the protection of iPhone data.
For more information:- http://iphone4backup.net
  poppy's Photo
Posted Aug 24 2012 10:10 PM

I have the same experience like you. You can run iTunes and connect iphone, when the select appear like as many or all, click on import. Then it finish. Also you can follow the page about How to backup iphone contacts without losing the old ones ?.
It’s an useful guide to show you how to solve your problem… luck
  nick.sharma's Photo
Posted Sep 15 2012 08:17 AM

I was looking for a way to backup my contacts from my old iPhone to pc and before reading this post I've got no idea that there are some tools which can transfer files between iphone nd pc (besides iTunes obviously).
  mikewoo's Photo
Posted Nov 26 2012 07:52 PM

i usually backup my contact first by using iPhone contact backup software and also iPhone Data Recovery Software, you can try this free tool.
  nick.sharma's Photo
Posted Dec 04 2012 10:55 PM

Isn't this type of question a thing of the past? Heard about iCloud? :blink: Anyways, there are cheap programs available to transfer iPhone contacts to PC as a Text and CSV file format. For example, this program enables users to transfer iPhone contacts to computer in few easy steps. Still, I would vouch for iCloud services.
+ 1
  nvik's Photo
Posted Feb 05 2013 06:36 AM

If you have a backup of your iPhone, then just use a backup recovery software to do the same.
I would personally recommend Total Saver from MyPhoneData for its ease of use.
  bean101's Photo
Posted Feb 13 2013 09:47 PM

You can easily backup your iPhone contact without losing the old ones with the help of third party software that is iPhonebackup Software. By using this software you can easily backup your iPhone data without losing the old ones.
For more information : http://www.i-phonebackup.com
http://www.i-phonebackup.com
  lilymarlene's Photo
Posted Feb 23 2013 09:01 AM

There are a lot of software available on the market that can easily make contact and data backup without losing the old data from your iPhone. Making a manual backup is the best choice if you don`t want to install additional software, there are a lot of tutorials on the internet about that.
  bean101's Photo
Posted Apr 05 2013 09:44 PM

By using third party software you can successfully make your iPhone backup contact with great speed. It successfully transfer your all
iPhone data without loosing them. So, try this tool now and have its best results and success.

For More Information -http://www.i-phoneba...up-software.php
  SteveRobs's Photo
Posted Apr 06 2013 09:02 AM

You have to click on Synize option then your problem will be solved :)
  cleoannie's Photo
Posted May 16 2013 11:25 PM

Assuming you have older backups:
Mac OS: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup
Windows XP: %AppData%\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup
Windows Vista: %AppData%\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup
Windows 7: %AppData%\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup
Go onto iTunes, right click on your device on the left-hand side bar, and their should be an option 'Restore From Backup', or something similar, click that and it'll restore and backup iPhone contacts.
  Bright Choice's Photo
Posted Jul 17 2013 03:07 AM

as all we know , iTunes doesn't allow you to sync contacts from iPhone to iPad directly,and Bluetooth can do nothing to transfer too. Now I share my experience: you need a USB cable with the device can configure contact in iTunes .Using a third-party software is a quick way export the contacts from iPhone to computer and then restore the files
  Chindyr6's Photo
Posted Feb 01 2014 07:24 AM

Hello. I think some people would like to backup iPhone contacts via iTunes. However, sync your data will update your iTunes backup files not build a new backup file. So you may lost your previous data.

To avoid losing your old ones, you need the help of iPhone Data Backup tool to transfer your data from iPhone to computer. If you still don't know how to do, just follow the steps of the following article:
http://www.iphone-da...user-guide.html
  Chindyr6's Photo
Posted Feb 01 2014 07:25 AM

If you are so unluckily that you lost your old ones, you can recover your lost data with ease:
How to Recover Deleted Contacts from iPhone
I hope it can help you!
  RobertFaro's Photo
Posted Feb 21 2014 12:46 AM

There are many ways to backup contacts without losing the old ones.
If you are familiar with iTunes, you can do it with complicated steps in iTunes.
If you have no ideas how to do it, you may try iPhone Transfer.
This mighty tool satisfies your multiple needs. Follow the guide below and you will get this done in a minute or two.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Computer
Posted Image
  Constance12's Photo
Posted Mar 12 2014 02:41 AM

Do you know how to retrieve deleted text messages on iPhone ? As is known to us, when we have no previous backup to restore, the only way to retrieve deleted text messages from iPhone is by using a third-party iPhone data recovery tool named iPubsoft iPhone Backp Extractor .
How to recover the lost iphone contact ?

hsfrgr's Photo
Posted Mar 12 2014 10:33 PM

Well, you can use Amacsoft iTunes Backup Extractor to extract old contacts from iTunes backup file and save them on computer, then you can connect iPhone to computer to backup the exist contacts to computer.
  lailajio's Photo
Posted Mar 20 2014 12:15 AM

Actually, there are three ways to recover lost contacts of iPhone, one is from the iTunes backup files, another one is recover them directly from the iPhone with the help of iPhone Data Recovery software, the last one is to restore contacts from iCloud, since you are wondering about the way without the using of iTunes backup, you can choose a kind of iPhone Data Recovery software to recover your contacts in a few steps and it is very easy and fast, you can have a try!