What's the best Java Hosting Solution?

myhero's Photo
Posted May 14 2012 05:34 AM

what is the best hosting solution for a spring framework application?

Tags:
0 Subscribe

13 Replies

Sumit Bisht's Photo
Posted May 15 2012 04:32 AM

I would suggest CloudFoundryfor a PAAS based hosting provider.
Otherwise, you can use a general hosting provider that supports java.
+ 1
  Koulios's Photo
Posted May 18 2012 12:51 AM

You can find here a list of the best java hosting solution also some reviews of the quality of service by some professional http://javahostingreview.com
  Koulios's Photo
Posted May 18 2012 12:51 AM

You can find here a list of the best java hosting solution also some reviews of the quality of service http://javaforserver...bcommunity.org/
  jeffa00's Photo
Posted Jun 01 2012 06:56 AM

An increasingly attractive option is to go the VPS (Virtual Private Server) route.

The downside is that you have to manage your server(s) yourself.

The upside is that you get to manage your server(s) yourself. :lol:

There are a number of VPS companies out there now, but two that seem good are Linode and ThrustVPS.

Between the two I'd say Thrust has lower cost options and Linode has a smoother interface for just a little more per month. Thrust also has both Windows and Linux options whereas Linode is Linux only.

In either case, you should be able to host java web apps for $20/month or less if they are not highly bandwidth, cpu or memory intensive.

My son runs a game server on a Windows based ThrustVPS server and so far it performs like a champ.

It's been a while since I worked with Java (I've been doing mostly Microsoft related stuff for the past several years), but the problem I always ran into with shared hosting was that Java just didn't like to play that way and the shared hosting was too expensive. My company had great success with servers we owned, but for personal projects it just didn't make sense. That has all changed with the low-cost VPS options.

Now I'm looking at what makes sense, and VPS works for me. My dilemma now is whether to go the Windows/ASP route or go back to Linux with Java, or perhaps something more exotic like node.js + nginx.

Of course yet another option is to go cloud based with Amazon or Microsoft. Both cloud offerings support Java, but unless you are really making money with your sites, I think you are better off with the fixed cost of a VPS. The cloud might be cheaper this month and cripplingly expensive next month depending on your traffic.

Cloud based options can scale up if demand spikes, but unless your revenue goes up faster than your cloud server costs, you could succeed yourself right into the poor house...
  Laidback Tony's Photo
Posted Oct 22 2012 09:49 PM

I use dailyrazor - they offer a mixture of private and shared tomcat at a fixed monthly cost unlike cloud solutions. Check out their java hosting plans at http://www.dailyrazo...ava-jsp-hosting
  jacobkin's Photo
Posted Mar 10 2013 04:57 PM

I moved to oxxus.net a couple of months ago and so far everything has been smooth. They helped me with all the server stuff as I just didn't have time to figure it out, so I just deployed my app (the server came with Tomcat and MySQL already pre-installed:) Their pricing is also very reasonable, but most importantly for me, their support team has experience hosting java so they can jump in when I get stuck. Oh yeah it's a vps server I have
  webpopart's Photo
Posted Apr 05 2013 01:06 AM

I use Oxxus hosting. They are specialized in Java hosting solutions. On their website they have a lot of useful information and tutorials about Java. What is most important to me, they pay attention to customer support and quickly resolve problems if they occur.
  aleahdeja257's Photo
Posted Jul 15 2013 09:29 AM

As for reliable host with quality VPS plans you can go with vpswebserver. They are wonderful host, great service nice people to deal with. Very helpful and understanding support providing low-cost plans.
  Martin J_13219's Photo
Posted Aug 08 2013 11:51 AM

Future Hosting just launched their Java hosting products if you're interested.
  John Todd's Photo
Posted Aug 24 2013 09:32 AM

I use Onlinecares. I'm hosting java websites with them for the last 2 years and I'm pretty satisfied with their servers and customer care. I started with a private tomcat plan, later upgraded to the VPS. I would recommend you to give them a try. If you choose another host, please write a review about them too.

What I like about Onlinecares is because they provide a wide variety of Java hosting including the upgrade option. You may check their Tomcat Java hosting , JBOSS Hosting, Java Jetty Hosting and if the account couldn't be hosted in a shared hosting, you can upgrade to their Java Tomcat VPS plans. They transfer/upgrade the contents without any additional charges.
  Java Developer's Photo
Posted Sep 16 2013 02:00 AM

I prefer to use best and cheap java hosting is http://www.hostigation.com.

Also use amazon web service, it is costly but 1 year freely available.

my site also host in Hostigation as well as on amazon web service.

http://www.visionsdeveloper.com
  AlanKa's Photo
Posted Sep 30 2013 04:29 AM

General hosts that only partially focus on java are risky choice. A host that specializes in Java hosting will be the best choice for you. Support of such a provider will help you in all java hosting related issues as they do have required experience. Example of such a host is www.jvmhost.com. Aside from fantastic support they also have best price guarantee and free trials.
  adair_afton's Photo
Posted Nov 05 2013 05:51 AM

Consider also checking out vpsgurus. They offer Java hosting plans starting at $1 first month. Their service is also great. We've been using it for over a year without any problems. Their VPS hosting plan is also worth using.