Black person under exposured in white wedding

Cebrez's Photo
Posted May 27 2012 10:47 AM

I photographed a white wedding and had great exposure in all the pictures except pictures in which a very dark black male was in. He is a very good looking man but in all the pictures he is so dark his face is without detail. When I use the lighting tool he comes up niceley but everyone else is ruined. He is in about fifteen picures and I would like to know how to correct the pictures leaving the other people and outfits as they are.

Tags:
0 Subscribe

4 Replies

: May 30 2012 10:40 AM
I guess you could make a custom selection on each photo (if you don't have a Wacom Tablet, this might be the reason to get one), and then apply the light correction to overexpose the person with underexposure problems in the pictures.

Alternatively, you could clone the background layer and apply the changes to the second layer and then do some refinements by blending the layers together (try the different modes).
Alejandro Ramirez
Digital Photography Club
Administrator
  Alejandro Ramirez's Photo
Posted Jun 04 2012 05:05 AM

A good friend of mine who is a professional photographer recommends using a program from Nik Software called Viveza 2: http://www.niksoftwa...ouncement.shtml

This one does selective photo editing. If you don't want or can't buy it now, then my previous tip is still applicable: custom selection.
Alejandro Ramirez
Digital Photography Club
Administrator
  ericgarton's Photo
Posted Jan 27 2013 12:13 PM

My aunt asked me to make pictures at her daughter`s wedding, they wanted to have a white wedding with elegant wedding favors. It`s the first time I hear about exposure but I liked all the photos taken by me, I had a very expensive camera and I guess it made automatically all the settings.
  Bright Choice's Photo
Posted Sep 22 2013 10:28 AM

Custom selection and editing is the only option it is my opinion. After, custom selection filling up light with the lighting tool may be helpful. There are many software which can be helpful like, Photo-pad Photo Editor and many.