download full video velocity 2012 in one go

harry van der horst's Photo
Posted Jul 31 2012 06:57 AM

Is it possible to order the Oreilly site to download all of the videos of the velocity 2012 conference that I bought today in one go into a directory of my Windows 8 computer.
My objective to let the download run during the night and then access the sessions at my ease later on. Also it would be convenient if the directory is put in the directory as an old fashioned readme or so.
This would enable me to avoid the network delays that sometimes happen to my provider and really screw up the viewing experience.

Thanks in advance
harry

Tags:
1 Subscribe

2 Replies

Alejandro Ramirez's Photo
Posted Aug 08 2012 08:53 AM

Not knowing the specifics of the site, you could use software like "GetRight" and make it catch each download as you go through them. GetRight allows you to manage multiple downloads at once, and even pause them and resume as you please.
Alejandro Ramirez
Digital Photography Club
Administrator
  filmbilly's Photo
Posted Aug 14 2012 01:11 PM

Hi Harry,

The Velocity 2012 product (30+ gigs) is currently not available as a single download. You will need to manage your download of the files. O'Reilly development is working on an enhancement for downloading future products. All of the presentations can be streamed as well if you don't need the files locally.

I hope you enjoy the videos.

Thanks,

-Kirk