- Recognizes that a disk has been inserted in to the floppy drive.
- Waits for the disk to mount
- Creates a Folder named the same as the disk, appending a number if one already exists with that name
- Copies all the contents of the disk to the folder
- Ejects the disk when finished
- Be able to handle disks with bad blocks etc that might fail in mounting or copying or other error states
If the script or app was flexible enough to also handle CDs that is my next project. Like I said I am pretty familiar with scripting and I don't mind digging in shell/perl/python/applescript/automator. I am not sure how to query that a disk mounted in /Volumes is the floppy etc so if someone knows of something that already exists I figure I could start there.