Can't properly place dekeKeys-Illustrator-cs5.kys and Best Workflow CS5.csf into Adobe CS5 Suite

R.Lowry's Photo
Posted Sep 24 2012 10:49 AM

I am trying to use your Illustrator CS5 one-on-one book. Instructions are to download and install dekeKeys Illustrator CS5.kys and Best Workflow CS5.csf. I have downloaded the two files and they seem to be in a unzipped stage. I cannot find your instructed location for dekeKeys Go>Home>Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator CS5 Settingslen_US. I am using OS-Mountain Lion 10.8.2 on my IMac. If I click on or attempt to place either file, the computer attempts to open them in Photoshop CS5 and delivers an error message that they are not compatible with this version.

Therefore, I do not have an optional selection for Best Workflow or color within Illustrator. When I opened the first lesson it selected a preferred toolset. I should have let it alone, but instead selected another toolset. When I reopen now it states that I have opted for another toolset which is then opened. I wouldn't know what toolset the lesson would prefer or whether that toollset is even on the list. I imagine the lesson recorded my preference. Perhaps if I redownload a fresh lesson 1 it will offer the toolset.

I would imagine that I could go through the lessons without these adjustments, but I would probably find myself constantly looking for my equivalent of the the instruction being given. (Sort of like translating a foreign language-constantly). I assume that you have tested the instructions on CS5 and found them to be bug free. Please help me follow properly to get the files where they belong.

Tags:
2 Subscribe

1 Reply

ChrisOlson's Photo
Posted Sep 24 2012 02:25 PM

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble finding the folder to copy those files to. The most recent versions of the Mac OS hide that Library folder in your home directory, so in order to see that, you'll have to hold down the "Option" key while you click on the Go menu, and that will make the Library option appear in that list. This page has a clear picture of the process -
https://sugarsync.cu...-folder-visible
Once you go to that Library directory, you should be able to navigate the rest of the path that is listed in the instructions.
If you still have trouble, please send an email to booktech@oreilly.com and we'll help you out.

Thanks,
Chris Olson
O'Reilly Book Support