Book from Apple App store

aoleynik's Photo
Posted Sep 28 2012 04:53 AM

Hi, I have bought ebook Ad Tools (Google Advertising Tools) from App Store on my iPhone.
But now I can't read it because size of the book page is larger than screen so I can't see a quarter of the text.
It's happened after updating to iOS 6.

What should I do with it?

Thanks in advance,
Andrey

Attached Image

Tags:
3 Subscribe

2 Replies

: Oct 03 2012 03:05 PM
I am having the same problem as Andrey with 2 Missing Manuals I purchased through the App Store prior to iBooks: Windows 7 and Filemaker Pro 11.

Do you have to purchase the book again thru iBooks? Can we get a credit for purchase price of the app version?

Thank you,
Maria
+ 1
  rachel.j's Photo
Posted Oct 09 2012 08:29 AM

Hi Andrey and Maria,

I'm sorry for the frustration. The iOS6 update caused a lot of problems with our book apps, so we will be removing them from the app store.

You can find some options for accessing your ebooks in this discussion. Here's the relevant section:

We'd like to offer free ebook bundles to all customers who purchased O'Reilly books via the iTunes Store. Most ebook bundles include the book in multiple ebook formats—PDF, EPUB, and Mobi—and there is no DRM on any of the files. You will have lifetime access to the ebook files, and can download the them as often as you like and read them on the reading device of your choice. When we publish an update of the ebook (with errata fixes and/or content updates), you will receive a notification and can download the update at no additional cost. To capitalize on this offer, please take the following steps:

Create an account on oreilly.com.
Send a screenshot of the apps that you've purchased to accounts@oreilly.com. Be sure to include the email address you used to create your oreilly.com account.

That's it! We will send you a link to the ebook when we've added it to your account.

Alternatively, you can extract the EPUB from the iOS app and read it in iBooks or another EPUB reader. Please see this post. If you're on OS X, you can use the applet from that post to speed things along.