Use a Picture as Your Password in Windows 8

adfm's Photo
Posted Oct 29 2012 02:48 PM

Are you sick of always having to enter a password when accessing your account on your computer? If you recently upgraded to Windows 8, you have a fun and easy to remember way of dealing with passwords using pictures. In this excerpt from Mike Halsey's "Windows® 8: Out of the Box" you'll find out just how easy it can be:

Use a Picture Password

Windows 8 practically begs you to log in to your computer using a MicrosoftAccount. This does have some big advantages such as automatically settingup your email, calendar, Internet favorites, and the Windows Stores for apps,music, and videos. To keep yourself secure, though, you will need a strongpassword, and I’ll show you how to create one in the next section of this chap-ter.

Typing this long password into Windows 8 every time you want to use thecomputer can be annoying, so why not create a picture password instead? Youcan choose any picture on your computer and use it to unlock your computerby touching and tapping it. The actions you can choose from include tappingthe picture, drawing straight lines on it and drawing circles.

Picture passwords can be every bit as secure as a regular strong password be-cause they can seem completely random. In Figure 12-1, you will see a pictureof baby Gilbert and you might tickle his tummy, poke his nose, and then drawa circle around his face to unlock your computer.

Attached Image

Figure 12-1. Creating a picture password

Tags:
1 Subscribe

3 Replies

Edwin Foter's Photo
Posted Aug 14 2013 02:04 AM

Its very nice information you have share to all windows 8 users and i am very happy to read this whole article. With help of this article i have use picture as password in windows 8 OS.

Thanks and Regards
Edwin Foter
https://www.facebook...239926112792542
  girish565's Photo
Posted Jan 16 2014 03:58 AM

I have already bookmarked it.It was really a good read. I also think quality is vitally important ! But saying that, your articles are always a fab read., Keep up the good work.
Npower Complaints number
  shahbaz1213's Photo
Posted Mar 08 2014 11:34 PM

I favor and the choice of comprehensive available everything about writing. I believe Disney terrain is extremely good area with regard to writing ideas. Thanks with regard to expressing this kind of exciting write-up together with we all. I must say i enjoyed the idea.find out best garcinia cambogia