want either a free Daisy reader or my money back

perllang4me's Photo
Posted Nov 24 2012 07:08 AM

Hi
I bought 4 books yesterday and one of them is only available in Daisy format. I spend 2 hours looking for a fee reader and the only one I found, Emerson reader, could not read the downloaded book(actually a whole directory).
I am tired of wasting my time just to open the book. I spent another hour going through your FAQ and it looks like other people had thesame pproblem and no answers worked.
Bottom line, either give me a way to read the book or refund my money.
Failing to resolve this matter quickly, I will ask my bank to stop payment and I will stop buying from you. This is how disappointed I am with Oreillyover this. You should not put books in daisy format that no one can read. I buy hundreds of dollars worth of books every year.

I will wait one week before asking my bank to stop payment.

Thanks,
Ali

Tags:
1 Subscribe

3 Replies

rachel.j's Photo
Posted Nov 26 2012 12:10 PM

Hi Ali,

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience; we'll get this worked out for you. We do not usually put ebooks up in DAISY format only, so I'm not sure how that happened here. I'm checking with our ebooks team to see if we can make more formats available. I'll let you know what I find.

We do have a 100% satisfaction guarantee, so if you're ever dissatisfied for any reason, you're welcome to a refund. You can read more about the guarantee at http://oreilly.com/go/guarantee or just email orders@oreilly.com with your order number to request a refund.

Sorry again for the frustration, and I'll let you know if more formats can be made available.

Kind Regards,

Rachel James
O'Reilly Media
  varju40's Photo
Posted Nov 27 2012 04:22 PM

Have you tried using AMIS, a free DAISY reader, available for download from the DAISY Consortium website.

There is also a free Firefox add-on available, called DDReader.
  rachel.j's Photo
Posted Nov 28 2012 12:32 PM

Hi Ali,

Thanks again for asking about this. .NET Gotchas is now available as a PDF, and you can download it from your account at https://members.orei.../account/emedia.

Please let us know if there's anything else.

Kind Regards,

Rachel