How do I buy one of your ebooks as a gift for someone?

seosamh's Photo
Posted Nov 26 2012 05:44 PM

When I buy ebooks for myself, they're stored in my account and I log in with an email address. What if I don't know which email address my friend uses on her account with B&N, Amazon, etc., where she gets other content? Is it possible to buy a voucher or something that will let the recipient register the ebook as they prefer?

Tags:
0 Subscribe

2 Replies

codingoutloud's Photo
Posted Jan 09 2013 02:48 PM

I was wondering the same thing and found another thread that gives some options if you are buying from O'Reilly.

In summary:
1. buy it, download it yourself, and send them the bits (downside: can't re-download or get updates (if any))
2. buy it, contact support asking that it be transferred to recipient's account (downside: they need an O'Reilly account)

The O'Reilly ebooks are DRM-free (http://shop.oreilly.com/category/customer-service/ebooks.do), enabling strategy #1.
  ujas's Photo
Posted Mar 20 2013 08:54 AM

Actually, I have the same problem, as I would like to buy an eBook for my best friend who enjoys reading a lot. I should probably ask my cousin about that, as he used to donate and buy different types of books, including eBooks. Therefore, I sincerely hope he is going to help me and we will both solve this problem.