Not getting performance with MapReduce

PriyankaShinde's Photo
Posted Nov 27 2012 11:06 PM

I am working on hadoop mapreduce to get performance benefit but when I run my program on hadoop it takes about 37 minutes where as it takes only about 5 minutes for simple C++ program for doing the same task.
I am new to Mapreduce and I am using Hadoop Pipes for that. I have an input file which contains the number of records, one per line. I have written one simple program to print those lines in which three words are common. In map function i have emiited the word as a key and record as a value and compared those records in reduce function. I compared Hadoop's performance with simple C++ program in which I read the records from file and split it into words and load the data, word as a key and record as a value in map and after loading all the data I compared that data. But I found that for doing the same task Hadoop MapReduce takes long time compared with plain C++ program.

Tags:
0 Subscribe

1 Reply

Kimcohn's Photo
Posted Dec 16 2012 11:55 PM

The speed depends on the work model to be solved. If its about map and reduce then mapreduce works well but if its something that needs a single complicated logical statement C++ works better. I think that point is creating problem in Your work.
letterpress wedding stationery