Listed below are keyboard shortcuts supported as of this writing:
- Ctrl + Click (Command + Click on Mac): Opens a wave as another instance in the conversation pane (i.e., the conversation pane can have more than one wave, although only one wave is visible at a time).
- Space Bar: When you select a wave in your inbox, you can hit the space bar to cycle through the blips added to the wave since you last viewed it. Note that blips are selected/highlighed in chronological order.
- Shift + Enter: Creates a new reply to the last blip on the wave currently open in the conversation pane.
- Ctrl + R: Creates a reply to the currently selected blip. This is the same function as using the Enter key.
- Ctrl + E: Edit the currently selected blip.
- Ctrl + Enter: Creates an inline reply at the cursor location within the content of a blip.
- Ctrl + Space: Marks all unread blips as read in the currently selected wave.
- Enter: Creates a reply to the currently selected blip.
- Home/End Keys: Selects the first/last blip in a wave.
- Shift + Enter: Creates a new blip as a reply to the currently selected blip in a wave. If you are editing a blip, this shortcut will save your blip (the equivalent of clicking on the "Done" button).
- Space Bar: You can hit the space bar to cycle through the blips added to the wave since you last viewed it. Note that blips are selected/highlighed in chronological order. This is the same function as hitting the space bar in the navigation pane.
- Up/Down Arrow Keys: Sequentially select blips moving up or down the list of blips in a wave.
Editing and Formatting Blips
- Ctrl + B: Makes selected text bold.
- Ctrl + G: Toggles text color control.
- Ctrl + I: Makes selected text italic.
- Ctrl + 1,2,3,or 4: Make the current line a heading, with the heading size based on the input number.
- Ctrl + 5: Add bullets to a blip.
- Ctrl + 6: Resets text formatting to normal, with the exception of bold and italic formatting.
- Ctrl + 7: Left align text.
- Ctrl + 8: Right align text.
Learn more about this topic from Getting Started with Google Wave.
Get in front of Google Wave, the exciting new real-time communication and collaboration technology that unifies email, instant messaging (IM), wiki, and social networking functions on one integrated platform. With this exclusive ebook, you'll quickly learn Google Wave's fundamental concepts and learn about the Google Wave Client, the web app that allows end users to participate and collaborate. Get a good look at this game-changing technology while it's still in the development stage.