What are your favorite sites for streaming TV shows and movies?

dawnm's Photo
Posted Dec 09 2009 02:08 PM

In his upcoming book "Your Money: The Missing Manual", author J.D. Roth suggests all kinds of great ways to trim your spending. One tip that's dear to my heart: Ditch cable. Of course, that doesn't mean you have to give up TV altogether. J.D. points to this great list of sites that stream shows and movies--even sports.

I generally go with Hulu for shows and Netflix for movies. What are your favorite streaming sites?

Tags:
0 Subscribe

4 Replies

+ 1
  adfm's Photo
Posted Dec 09 2009 02:29 PM

I, too, have gone the Hulu/Netflix route. I supplement this combo with the occasional jaunt over to CBS. Pretty soon everyone will have a general purpose streaming media player embedded into their big screen TV. Until then, we'll just have to get by with cobbled together solutions.

That's a great link, by the way.
  jemois's Photo
Posted Jun 17 2012 06:53 AM

I like TVlive32, a television portal for worldwide channels. It features a brief description of the TV station along with useful data such as contact information, logo, link to their twitter, facebook and google plus account. For the satellite broadcast you can get the necessary technical data as well. You can also watch some of them as free live stream.
  alankegan's Photo
Posted Jan 27 2013 12:39 PM

I usually watch sport channels on TV, my favorite channel are Eurosport, Outdoor Channel and TVG Network. My children also like sports and I spend a lot of times with them playing different games, the last week I bought Bowfishing reel and took my boys to the lake. I found websites that are streaming important events from football, golf, K1 or soccer but the quality is not so good, if I want to watch something I pay for it and I got the best quality.
+ 1
  Indianic's Photo
Posted Jan 30 2013 01:49 AM

I also use Netflix for movies. I mostly like to watch movie online.
I work in iPhone Application Development company.