How to train for a marathon with your new Nexus One phone

+ 3
  BrianSawyer's Photo
Posted Jan 06 2010 09:43 AM

Did you grab the Nexus One within hours of Google's announcement yesterday? If you're a runner, cyclist, or other distance athlete training for a significant event, you may just find Google's My Tracks application an invaluable addition to your phone and life. This screencast* shows off some of the app's key features and how to get the most out of it on any Android phone (shown here on the G1):

How to Train for a Marathon with Your New Nexus One Phone from Brian Training on Vimeo.

* Note that the reference in this video to my blog refers to my training (for the Boston Marathon) and fundraising (for the Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge, to benefit cancer research) page, where I've posted this simultaneously.

Tags:
0 Subscribe

1 Reply

BrianSawyer's Photo
Posted Jan 11 2010 06:56 AM

I've been a huge fan of Google My Tracks, despite two fairly significant limitations I didn't get to in my screencast: no live pace details and no record of splits in the final stats. A reader of my personal blog wrote in to suggest Buddy Runner as an alternative, and I'm already a convert because it satisfies both of those requirements:

Attached Image

Check out my dashboard and give it a try yourself. I've used it on two runs so far and it's already become my running app of choice.